Sunday 4 January 2015

Found in the corners

Please excuse the photos.. the majority of mine are being taken by htc one cellphone. Some are pretty impressive though. Again serious regrets are coursing through for my trusty old slr. It might be time to learn the process of developing.

Our hotel is a colourful block midstreet on the harbour front, not nearly as nice as our Santiago suite, its comfortable, clean and easy access to all of lower areas of the city and harbour.  Andy has researched Valparaiso aggressively, once one of the largest ports on the western seaboard rivaling San Francisco, Valparaiso faded away with the birth of the Panama canal. The city left behind is a shadow of what it once is.. but what a beautiful shadow it is.  If you are an architecture junky like I am. Its the crumbles, curves and symmetry and sometimes what grows out from the cracks that is the beauty.  Even the  graffiti is beautiful and symbolic in this city on the sea.  I would love a month and a broom.. the broken glass and refuse is disheartening but thats minor compared to everything else.  Andy and I are taking a boat tour around the harbour. My inner weenie worries that it will read as," one hundred chileans and two canadians drown off the coast of Valparaiso."  And later we will be taking the train to Vina del Mar, a more affluental part of the coast.  For now tho, I will finish my cappuccino and then duck into the mercado to buy another bag of dog food.   Thats how I roll... perro power!

No comments:

Post a Comment